Click HERE to check the status of your Federal refund
When to check status of your refund:
- Within 24 hours after the IRS has received your e-filed tax return; or
- 4 weeks after mailing your paper return.
When the IRS processes your tax return and approves your refund, you can see your approximate date of refund deposit. Even though the IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days after they receive your tax return, it’s possible your tax return may require additional review and take longer.
You should only call the IRS if it has been:
- 21 days or more since you filed electronically;
- More than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return; or
- The Where’s My Refund? tool directs you to contact them.
Click HERE to check the status of your IL refund.
Select the blue "Individuals" button at the top of the page and click the "Where's My Refund?" link under "Individual Income Tax-related Items" in the left hand column.
The Illinois Department of Revenue (IDOR) is taking additional steps to protect Illinois taxpayers from identity theft and fraud. As a result of the new security measure, your refund may take longer than in previous years.