Sharp Point Employment Opportunities
Can You Picture YOURSELF as Our Next Bookkeeping/Payroll Expert?
Bookkeeper / Payroll Administrator
Our firm is seeking an experienced bookkeeper for a part-time or full-time role onsite in our Elgin office. You will be working with a dynamic team in an environment that values your contribution to our clients and our company. We pride ourselves on sponsoring educational opportunities and fun team-building events.
Responsibilities for this position include QuickBooks desktop and online bookkeeping, QuickBooks training & consulting, payroll administration and keeping our internal project management software updated daily.
QuickBooks mastery is a must - top notch candidates will demonstrate several years of recent experience with QuickBooks online/desktop versions and payroll processing. This is not an entry level position. Strong skills in Windows 7 or 10, Microsoft Office Suite and cloud-based data storage are REQUIRED.
You might be the right fit if you have these qualities & skills:
* Ability to master new software applications quickly.
* Accurate and detail orientated.
* Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and a heart for customer service.
* Ability to remain consistent in transaction recording and project management software.
* Reliable and motivated self-starter.
* Can transition from one task to another seamlessly.
* Must possess efficient time management skills and demonstrate excellent follow-up.
Preferred Qualifications (a Plus but not required):
* QuickBooks ProAdvisor or bookkeeping certification a PLUS!
* College level accounting coursework
* Bookkeeping for a variety of industries
If the above describes you, please forward your resume and your answers to the questions below to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you and the possibility of adding you to our team.
1) What days and hours can you work?
2) What would your next steps be if you found out you had made a material error on something?
3) How do you organize yourself to stay on top of multiple important projects/deadlines?
4) What version(s) of QuickBooks do you know? What industries have you done bookkeeping for?
About Sharp Point Bookkeeping Solutions:
We are a full-service bookkeeping and consulting firm serving small business clients in Kane, Lake and Cook Counties since 2011. Our services include full-charge bookkeeping, payroll administration, tax compliance filings, small business consulting, and QuickBooks training and support.
We offer competitive wages, a retirement savings plan for eligible employees, and the opportunity to work and grow in a supportive, professional and fun environment.