Sharp Point Employment Opportunities
Picture YOURSELF as Our Next Bookkeeping Expert?
Sharp Point is looking for a QuickBooks specialist to join us in a part-time capacity (10-15 hours per week). Potential to move into a full-time role based on performance and future availability. You will be working with a dynamic team and a supportive leader in an environment that values your contribution to our clients and our firm.
Responsibilities for this position include bookkeeping and payroll processing in an onsite capacity. Must have reliable transportation and the ability to travel to clients in the general vicinity of Elk Grove Village and Schaumburg.
References with 3 years of recent experience with QuickBooks desktop are REQUIRED. Strong skills in Windows 7 or 10, Microsoft Office, internet search and cloud-based data storage are REQUIRED.
Preferred Qualifications (a Plus but not required):
* QuickBooks ProAdvisor or bookkeeping certification a PLUS!
* QuickBooks Enterprise experience
* Proximity to Elk Grove Village / Schaumburg / Buffalo Grove
A successful candidate is a team player who takes ownership of their area of responsibility and possesses these qualities & skills:
* Ability to master new software applications and IT challenges quickly.
* Reliable and motivated self-starter.
* Accurate and detail orientated.
* Ability to work independently with minimal daily direction.
* Excellent communication and analytical skills.
* Outstanding problem solving skills.
* Can multi-task without being overwhelmed.
* Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and document all transactions.
* Must possess excellent time management and follow-up skills.
* Familiarity with small business office procedures.
QuickBooks mastery is a must, preferably in the field of manufacturing or distribution. THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION and WE WILL NOT be providing any basic bookkeeping or software training.
If the above describes you, please forward your resume and your answers to the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you and the possibility of adding you to our team.
1) What days and hours can you work?
2) What was the most recent problem you solved in a QuickBooks file?
3) Describe a challenging IT problem you have faced and how you resolved it.
4) How would you handle an angry customer?
5) What version(s) of QuickBooks do you know? What industries have you done bookkeeping for?
About Sharp Point, Inc.:
We are a full-service bookkeeping and consulting firm serving restaurant and small business clients in Lake and Cook Counties. Our services include full-charge bookkeeping, payroll administration, tax compliance filings, small business and restaurant systems management consulting, and QuickBooks training and support. We value our team members and provide opportunities for them to flourish professionally and personally.