Office Coordinator / Administrative Assistant
Want to join us as an INTEGRAL part of our team?
Sharp Point is seeking a versatile, quick learning admin assistant to work onsite in our Arlington Heights office (Dundee/53) in a part-time role (approximately 12-20 hours per week). The ideal candidate wants to excel in their own life and is looking for a long-term commitment. You will be supporting our CFO in administrative functions and your success in this role will provide the opportunity for growth in hours, responsibility and additional commission-based income above the hourly rate.
Responsibilities will include document/electronic file maintenance, communication between team members, coordinating client and networking appointments, managing vendor relationships, light internal billing/bookkeeping, and maintaining office supplies, equipment and company databases. You will be working with a dynamic team and a supportive leader in an environment that values your contribution to our clients and our firm.
Top notch candidates will demonstrate above average PC skills (Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office, web), a flexible, cheerful disposition, and awesome problem solving abilities. You will have a desire to continually learn new skills and a friendly, slightly outgoing personality.
- Effective communication, both written and verbal.
- Ability to master new software applications quickly. Some of the applications we use on a regular basis include Microsoft Word, OneNote and Excel, Google Calendar, Freshbooks, QuickBooks Online, ProConnect Tax Online and ADP.
- Top-notch customer service attitude – demonstrating courtesy, promptness, and timeliness.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks and document procedures.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Reliable and motivated self-starter.
- Able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must possess excellent time/schedule management and follow-up skills.
Preferred Qualifications (a Plus but not required):
- 1-2 years experience as an administrative assistant to a busy executive
- College level business/marketing/accounting coursework
- Researching and IT troubleshooting skills.
About Sharp Point Bookkeeping Solutions:
We are a full-service bookkeeping and consulting firm serving small business clients in Lake, Cook, and Kane Counties since 2011. Our services include full-charge bookkeeping, payroll administration, tax compliance filings, small business consulting, and QuickBooks training and support.
This is a part-time job with an opportunity to advance to a full-time job for the right person. We are offering $14 to $17/hr base to start, with bonuses when company financial/sales goals are reached. Eligible full-time employees can participate in a retirement savings plan and receive PTO (holidays/vacation).
Send a unique cover letter with your resume to email@example.com. In your cover letter, tell us five things in no longer than 1 page:
1) The hours and days you can work. We work in the range of 8am – 5pm M-F
2) Describe your pertinent experience AND successful projects/resolutions. We care as much about how you handled damage control as grades and fancy degree/certifications.
3) Explain any customer service experience you’ve had, or let us know if you have not had any.
4) Highlight what is the most exciting or rewarding aspect about the role of Office Coordinator / Administrative Assistant and what most appeals to you about this job posting.
5) Your most recent hourly rate of pay and what you expect.
Please be sure to read the application instructions carefully – in our company, attention to detail and the ability to go the extra mile are rewarded.